Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Strange Days

Well, it's Tuesday afternoon and we've had a few days of routine around here, which is amazing. The twins are taking longer naps and going longer intervals between feedings. Maggie is about to bust a gut to start school - she's getting a little bored around here, I think.



As for me, I am not sure what I think these days. It's wierd - I am here all day every day. The only time I leave really is to walk up to get the mail. Yesterday I piled the kids in the car and ran to the bank - exciting. I did get to go out for a little bit last night with some friends from my small group, which was fun. And tonight I have a great friend, Julie Sessoms, flying down to visit for the rest of the week. That'll be really fun.

It's just that I usually enjoy mommyland, but this week it's just on my nerves. Can I say that?



"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content no matter what the circumstances...I have learned the secret to being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11-13.



I know I'm not in prison, like Paul was when he wrote this. And I know I am living in plenty and definitely well fed! I just feel lately like I'm really needing to pray for strength to get through this - mentally and physically. I am sure I've been through harder things. It's just that this is hard too, in a different way. It's all relative, I know - one baby or three babies. I think it was even harder when I first had Maggie. I guess I'm just sharing where I am right now.



I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength - and man do I need it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what, Buffy? Reading your blog just made me realize where my intense love for Publix came from. When we lived in Jacksonville, and 5:00 rolled around, I would be waiting at the front door for Minot to arrive home. Kelly (2) and Katy (newborn), were excited to see him, but not nearly as much as I was because it meant that I could go up to Publix ALL BY MYSELF and just slowly, EVER SO SLOWLY, cruise around the store in total peace and quiet. And you know what--I did that almost everyday thanks to my wonderful and understanding husband!! So, NO, it's not bad to feel the way you do--it's just NORMAL!!!! Thank you for making me realize why, 30 years later, I get such a peaceful feeling when I go to Publix! HA!

Miranda said...

So, other than an adorable but midguided dog who licks the carpet as a sign of affection and a loving but silly boyfriend, I have no experience with twins. I would simply like to share some great advice my sister-in-law gave me after her first daughter was born. She told me that, even though it is difficult to believe at the time, life will not always be 3AM feedings, erratic if non-existent nap times, and pukey overalls. Now that you are pulling double duty, it may be difficult to believe your own words; that is why sisters in different time zones are always useful when you need a sanity check at 4AM. Love and aloha.