Friday, August 17, 2007

Jon and Kate Plus 8

I can't believe I haven't blogged about this yet. My new favorite show is Jon and Kate Plus 8. It's about this couple who couldn't get pregnant, so they did fertility and they had twin girls. Then they wanted to have one more child, so they had to do fertility again and they had SIX! Yeah, count em...six. So now they have two six year olds and six two year olds. Amazing.

I love this show for a couple reasons:

1. The couple is hilarious. They are the real deal - they're kinda mean to each other sometimes, but they really love each other.

2. The things they have to do to take care of those kids are amazing. Really. They have a stroller that can sit all six of the younger kids.

3. The main reason I love this show is because it puts my life in perspective. Whenever I'm having a rough day, Ian and I sit and watch what it would be like if we had six infants at once. Wow.

I mean, I am not trying to belittle the fact that having twins is tough. It is. But not as tough as having six screaming toddlers who all want the same toy, cracker, high chair, or fill in the blank.

Check it out on Discovery Channel (I think). It's fun and will make you laugh.

No comments: