Thursday, August 16, 2007

Gabriella's Lament

It's funny when you find yourself looking from the outside
I'm standin' here when all I want is to be over there
Why did I let myself believe that miracles could happen
And now I have to pretend that I don't really care...

I thought you were my fairy tale, a dream when I'm not sleepin'
A wish upon a star that's coming true
But everybody else can tell that I confused my feelings with the truth
When there was me and you

I swore I knew the melody that I heard you singin'
And when you smiled it made me feel like I could sing along
But then you went and changed the words, now my heart is empty
I'm only left with broken dreams and once upon a song

Now I know you're not a fairy tale and dreams were meant for sleepin'
And wishes on a star just don't come true
And now even I can tell that I confused my feelings with the truth
Because I liked the view when there was me and you

Bridge:
I can't believe that I could be so blind
It's like you were floating while I was falling
And I didn't mind...

Because I liked the view
I thought you felt it too
When there was me and you.

HSM the concert is blaring out of the tv in my den right now. That song above is Maggie's favorite from the first movie. I just typed the entire thing from memory...no joke.

No comments: