Monday, September 10, 2007

So much to say








This past week we've been on vacation - if you can call it vacaction with a four year old and infant twins! We pretty much did the same things we do here at home, except we had a change of scenery. And we got to be around people we love so much!


September 1st was my mom's 60th birthday and my siblings and I planned a weekend for her. On Saturday Jeannie, Leslie, Mary Lane and I took mom to the spa for the morning and we had a blast! We had a little room in the spa where we could hang out between treatments. Mary Lane hooked us up with serious snacks and goodies, and we also had mimosas...so yummy and fun! As you can see, we laughed really hard - poor pregnant Jeannie was laughing so hard she was crying. It was a hoot and I think mom had fun too!


On Sunday afternoon we had a little party at the house with the extended family and some of mom and dad's friends. It was really fun - we all got to roast and toast mom. Matt wrote a song for the four siblings to sing, which was a trip, and then the grandkids sang songs that Mom sings for them. It was really sweet.


I just loved having the chance to celebrate Mom. She is such an amazing person and it was nice to be able to get to say to her all that she means to me - and to hear what she means to others too. It was just sweet and fun and I think she felt celebrated.


I'll write more about our week tomorrow. Too much and too many pictures to include. For now, though, I am signing off to go crawl out from under the pile of laundry we brought home.

No comments: