Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ahhhh, the Carolinas...

Sweet Tea, Country Ham biscuit, Bo Rounds...does it get any better?

Excessively large tea

Waffle House in Clinton, SC


Many an all-nighter was spent at this WoHo "studying." Chicken Melt Plate with hashbrowns Scattered, Smothered and Covered...jidge.

Emma Martin and Maggie at Windy Gap


Granny Lee, Granny Franny and the fam

(Note Tori giving everyone the Heisman)


OK, so we had a total blast in the Carolinas (aka, the Holy Lands). I gotta write this post in an attempt to recover what was lost by Miss Teen SC and her geographical rant a couple weeks ago.

First of all, let me just say that Bojangles is Jidge ("Major", Awesome, Scrumptious). We went there three times in a week - and we've got the arteries to prove it. On the way home from Windy Gap on Sunday we stopped in for a bite to kick our 9 hour trip off right. Maggie wanted a sip of Ian's Sweet Tea, so she came up to the front of the car and took a swig. She said, "mmm", then took another swig. She got back in her seat, buckled up, and proceeded to say, "Daddy, your drink is GOOD. It tastes like a big pile of sugar!". Out of the mouths of babes...

On the way home we stopped for a formula/poopy diaper/gas break in Clinton, SC - go Blue Hose! Above are some pics of the Waffle House that I would frequent far too often in college. Remember the days when you could eat crap every day and not feel like crap? Ahh, college.

Before Windy Gap we got a chance to visit with Ian's grandmother, Granny Lee. It was so sweet to see her and to have a chance to introduce her to the twins. She held them and talked to them, and she also gave Maggie the light up tiara that she was given at her 90th birthday party.

Once we got to Windy Gap it was pretty much non-stop. I have been thinking about the weekend and how I want to describe it to you. Not sure I'm ready to put it all down yet, but suffice it to say that it was an absolute crazy non-stop sleep deprived laughter filled weekend. Above is a pic of Emma (my best friend Dana's daughter) and Maggie. My other best buds were there with their kiddos too, so it was a trip. Seriously, out of all those kids, some of them have got to marry each other. I mean they are all adorable and have great parents...can't we arrange something or is that just too spooky.

OK, only got two more hours until I have to pick up Mag. Though that sounds like a long time to some of you, let me assure you it's not. It's 12:45pm, I'm still in my pajamas, I have the sixth (yes, SIXTH) load of laundry going, two sleeping babies who are itching to wake up and eat soon, and a house that pretty much looks like Toys R Us and the clearance section of Tuesday Morning combined. Gotta run. Schlades...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The clearance aisle in Tuesday morning comment made me laugh outloud...just some great writing right there!