Friday, September 14, 2007

New Look

Hey - nothing MAJOR to report today, except that I have a new look to the blog.

Also, Tori and Zoe went to the doc today for their four month check up and everything went fine. He told me to start them on some solid food, which, frankly, made me start crying! Not because they are getting so big and I can't believe it, but because the thought of adding another feeding element to my day makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Rice cereal in the morning, then wait three days, then oatmeal, then wait three days, then vegetables - one at a time for three days each, then fruits - one at a time for three days each. Just to make sure they're not allergic.

I mean, who does he think I am? I can't keep all that straight in my head! I already have an excessive chart for the bottles, but documenting all those foods is a little much. Let's just say that I'm not sure I can be held responsible for the hives or allergies that these children develop because I screwed up on their solids.

The good news is that the doc said that we should let them cry at night - because they should be starting to sleep 10-12 hours a night (which Tori DID last night!). So, we'll give that a shot. Every time I try to let Zoe keep crying or whining in her crib, though, she starts sucking on her hand and gags herself repeatedly. And let me tell you that gagging noises don't make for great slumber on my part.

All in all, though, they are doing well and we are making it. Zoe weighs 12lbs. 12 oz., and Tori weighs 8 lbs. 5 oz. In the words of Shelly and Brandi (the program girls at women's weekend) they look like "twin sisters from different misters"...but they're not, of course!

No comments: