Monday, October 22, 2007

Lots to report

Well, Ian came home today and told me that his grandmother, Granny Lee, is really ill in the hospital. She keeps getting fluid in her lungs, which I don't think is a very good sign. Then he heard from his sister, Miranda, that she was on a hike for work and she fell and broke her ankle. She may have to have surgery, as she tore four ligaments in her foot. And things still continue in Columbia with Nana. She's in a rehabilitation hospital now, which is good, but I think she's really giving them a time.

We are supposed to have the twins baptised this weekend, but may be putting that off a while. It really seems like things happen all at once sometimes. We are trying to figure out what to do, but for now we are just here waiting to hear what's going on. It's hard to be far away when things like this are going on. Not that I could help much if I were there. I want to go to Columbia and see Nana, and we are planning to be up there next week while Ian's out of town, but frankly I know it will just add more chaos to my sweet mom's life. She's holding it in the road, but I know she's exhausted from taking care of Nana, working, and keeping up her other responsibilities. She's an amazing woman and I am so thankful to have her as a mom. She's always been so good in situations like this. She always knows what to do. I thought that was a mom trait, but I don't think all moms are like this. I just know that whenever anyone in her life has a crisis, she drops everything to help them. That's a great thing to see your mom doing when you're growing up. She's amazing.

No comments: