Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hi-lights from the week

So it's been a while since I've posted. Sorry about that (like I have a huge blog following or something). Things have been crazy around here. Nothing out of the ordinary - just the ordinary is crazy in and of itself. Just to update you, here are some hi-lights from the past week...

*On Saturday I got to go shopping BY MYSELF, which was great. I felt so free walking around without carrying a 12 pound baby in a bjorn while pushing a stroller full of another baby and all the gear, while holding the hand of an active 4 year old.

*Even better than shopping by myself was the fact that I bought and am now an inhabitant of my first pair of non-maternity jeans! Woo-hoo! It just got to the point that I was ready to actually unbutton and unzip my pants in order to use the bathroom, rather than hiking up or down the belly band.

*This morning I dropped Maggie off at school and went to meet a friend for coffee...with the twins, mind you. I thought it was going to be a nightmare, but it was actually great! They just sat in their car seats in the stroller like little angels. I am pretty sure I can't describe to you how much of a miracle that was.

*Still not sleeping much, really, but am so ready to get some zzzz's. I know it'll happen when it happens and the voices of the "cry it out" books are yelling to me all night long. We have tried that some, but I gotta say that when you have a baby who weighs as much as a newborn it's hard to let her cry and not feed her. Zoe's pretty much got it down pat. So, one down, one to go on sleeping through the night. They'll get there.

That's about the extent of it. Wish this were more exciting, but frankly the high of wearing real jeans should carry me for a while.

No comments: