Monday, July 14, 2008

Doctor Doctor


This picture pretty much sums up how I feel about being a mom today. I took all three girls to the doctor for a check up for Mag. Little did I know that my darling angels would all three scream their heads off pretty much the entire time. It's at those moments that I want to don a three piece suit and run as fast as I can to Vistakon to trade places with Ian. I mean, it was embarrassing, but more than that it was so frustrating. I absolutely hate it when my kids don't act the way I want or need them to act. I just need cooperation...is that so much to ask? Seriously, the nurse was apologizing to ME because they were crying so much. The twins ended up having to get their fingers pricked to test their iron levels, so that just added to the madness.
Zoe has a set of lungs on her. She needs to be a bailiff that yells, "All Rise" in court, or the girl that screams, "Last Time!" to the team of cheerleaders signaling the end of the cheer. She can shout, she can cry, she tries to talk. She never stops. Never. She's always moving, always exploring, always making some crying, laughing or talking noise. And she is most definitely always chewing on something - her crib, her shoes, her books, my shoes, the gate blocking the den and the kitchen, the duct tape around the towels over the bars in her crib. The great part is that she is so full of life and she's pretty much always adorable and so dang kissable. Her cheeks are the best.
Everyone thinks Tori is so sweet, and for the most part they are right. But Tori saves it all up for when we're home. I mean, for a 12 pound girl she packs a mean punch when she's ticked. And Maggie just threw fits today that are very unlike her, but she is really learning that she can decide NOT to do what I ask her to do. I don't like that. We need to get that under control quickly before she hits middle school...wait, she's just going to kindergarten. Maybe it's the "Ramona Quimby" books we've been reading lately. That girl is a real piece of work.
On another note, I entered the world of facebook today and it's totally and completely overwhelming. When the McSwains were here last weekend Emily schooled me on the ways of Facebook. I can't believe the number of people who have pages, and the amount of time they spend on there. I know I'm right behind them. Just what I need - something else to do on the computer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, Zoe's hair is sooooo long!! She looks like her Mom! What a cutey> L.S.