Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Smith saga continues...

I think we always have so much drama in my family because there are so many of us. Yesterday my Dad called to tell me that Mom was in the ER because she had her heart attacacardia (pretty sure I just butchered the spelling of that). She gets it from time to time, but this time it lasted longer than usual. So the doc sent her to the hospital and they got her heart rate back down pretty quickly. She is having to stay in the hospital for a couple nights, though, just to make sure everything's ok and there was no damage done to her heart.

Meanwhile, just a few floors away, my sweet sister, Jeannie, and her belly and her husband are checking into a room today to have that baby! Wow. The Sloans take over Baptist Hospital, which, coincidentally, is where my Dad works on the psych ward. Crazy.

Thankfully, we are headed to Asheville today for Thanksgiving and were already planning to spend the night in Columbia tonight. So, I'll get to see the baby and the sister and the mama. Whew. Praying everyone will be allright. It's one of those days you want to stay on your knees all day - but then you can't because how would you feed your children, pack your entire family up, and do all the other everyday stuff? Praying as I go...

No comments: