Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Famous Friend...

Well, she's not famous yet, but she should be and she will be. Just wanted to tell all you folks in blogland about my good friend Margot Starbuck. What a cool name, by the way. It just makes me want to curl up with a mocha frapp and read a good book. And now I can do that and read HER book.

I just finished reading The Girl in the Orange Dress (Searching for a Father Who Does Not Fail). Well, it was more like devouring than reading. I blew threw that puppy and it's a really good book. I've never had a close friend write a book before. It was so fun to read, knowing the time and heart she put into it. There are some nuggets in there that I know I will chew on for a long time. And that's high praise coming from a woman who can barely communicate a complete thought these days.

What I love the most is that I feel like she could have been sitting in my living room and sharing her story with me. Her sense of humor comes to life on the pages and the way she tells her story is really real. I can't wait for you all to read it. Here's the link to her site...

www.margotstarbuck.com

Have any of you read Junie B. Jones books? You know, the ones about the little girl in kindergarten that is quite a character. I LOVE those books - Maggie and I read them all the time. Little Junie B. has a way of saying things that are just right, and super funny. I felt like I was reading a grown up Junie B. when I read Margot's book. It's filled with truths that will make you laugh and remind you of the real Truth. Get it! Read it! Yeaaaaaa Margot!!

No comments: