Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Hard Day...

I had such a bad day today and I really won't go into it right now. Appointment at the Orthopedic Surgeon to discuss possibly casting Tori's legs again. Then another appointment with the Occupational Therapist this afternoon. Lots of comments today from random people about Tori..."oh she's so LITTLE!", "look, she's so TINY...and bow-legged" (which she's not, thank you very much), "oh my goodness look at that TINY little girl", "she's TWO years old? She's smaller than my son and he's just turned one!". Nothing terrible, just annoying. Some days I don't care and some days it just really gets under my skin. Just feeling whipped today.

Well, every night when we put Maggie to bed we do our "highs and lows" for the day, and then we pray and tell God one person we're thankful for. I shared that my low was going to the doctor with Tori this morning because I just didn't want go. When it was time to pray, Maggie said, "Dear God, I am thankful today for Mommy. She took Tori to her OT (occupational therapist)appointment. She does so much to take care of us."

Seriously, I am crying just typing that. Thank you Lord for Your words to me through my sweet little girl.

4 comments:

dukeoutdoorgirl said...

Buffy - hang in there. You are an amazing, wonderful mom, wife, daughter, friend, sister. You are His Beloved - even on a day that pretty much sucks - maybe even ESPECIALLY on days like this. Love from NC...Andrea and the rest of the Hoff fam

judy stanton said...

Buffy-what an awesome mom you are, and what a special and perceptive daughter Maggie is to recognize it as well! What a tribute to the amazing job you and Ian have done as parents. I love you and am praying for a better day tomorrow!

Love, Judy

Margot said...

Thank you for sharing that, Buffy. SOOO precious.

Melyssa said...

Love the little things that help us stand up and keep moving. And Maggie has the best heart!