Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Is Love At First Sight Really Possible?

Answer: ABSOLUTELY

My doorbell rang at 8:00 this morning and the sweetest smiling face greeted me. Her name is Maria and she came to clean my house. My mom and dad graciously sent me $100 to get take out, get a sitter, or have someone come clean...since they couldn't be here to help out with all the Zoe maddness.

I wonder what I have to do each month to get $100 in our budget so I can have her come. My house smells heavenly. There's no dust. She came in, stripped the beds and washed all the linens. She cleaned the fans, baseboards, and windows. Seriously and shamefully I've never gone near any of those things since we moved here in April.

There's just something about the smell of bleach and lavender scented vaccuum BB's that makes my heart all a-flutter.

All I know is, if loving Maria is wrong, I don't want to be right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, how much do you think Maria would charge to drive to Greenville?? Actually, I could really use her more in Columbia since I am never there long enough to really get ANY cleaning done. It is like an abandoned house--ugh.

I'm glad you got to have this "special treat"--you surely deserved it. Aren't moms and dads great!!!

Love, Judy