Monday, August 17, 2009

Waaaah, waaaah

I have been thinking about my last post and feeling pretty guilty. Yes, it's been a rough weekend (well, couple years) in the health category of our lives, but we just have so many things to be thankful for.

This morning I checked my inbox to find my daily email from the Chromosome Disorder group we joined. The email each morning is basically a chat between parents or family of kids with different disorders. They post questions, fears, proud moments and problems. I am not able to go into detail here about the comments included in the emails because of a privacy clause, but I have to say that I stared at the screen stunned and amazed at what some parents deal with every day. Ian and I just sat here together and breathed deep.

I know pain and problems are all relative, but it is good to get things in perspective sometimes.

Thank you Lord for my sweet girls, for my husband who loves me, and for the doctors who take care of us on a weekly (and sometimes daily) basis. I am grateful today for health insurance, for Nonnie living a few miles away and being able to pop in, for Mom and Dad who support me and adore the girls, for Granny Franny who showers my kids with love. Thank you for my family - brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, cousins. Sometimes it feels like trying to take a sip from a fire hydrant...You have blessed me with so much family and they all pour out Your love on us. And my sweet friends who support me, pray for me, keep my children, and bring me dinners (no pressure here, ladies).

And thank You, Lord for my house. For my neighborhood, for air conditioning, for toys to play with. Thank you for food on our table, for chocolate ice cream, and really good coffee.

Thank You, Lord, for You. Thank You for promising that You will never leave me...

Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again...
Rejoice!
Let you gentleness be evident to all,
The Lord is NEAR

Phil. 4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and all the people, well, one of the grandparents mentioned, say AMEN...love and grace nonnie