Monday, August 25, 2008

What is with this kid?


OK, so we've already established that Zoe chews on everything from her shoes, to her own poop, to the sides of her crib. I wish I had taken a picture of it, but for the past few months I have had hand towels literally duct taped around the sides of her crib so that she wouldn't choke herself with shards of wood that she had gnawed off. I took those towels and tape off a couple days ago thinking we might be past all that now. Also because my hand towels looked like they had fringe hanging from them because she had chewed until the strings of the towel were hanging down.


Let me just say that we are so not past all that yet. Today my friend Melyssa and I went in to get the twins up from their nap. Melyssa noticed Zoe had something in her mouth and sure enough, it was another splinter of wood. Arrrrgh! (By the way, have you ever tried to type a frustration sound? I don't think I really say "arrgh", but I'm hoping it gets my point across.)


So what did I do? Well, this Mother of the Year marched straight to her fridge, pulled out the tabasco sauce, and proceeded to dab it all over the wood on the sides of her crib. Genius!


Or so I thought.


I cracked the door to watch her tonight after I put the girls down. She stood right up and bit the side of the crib, made a hilarious face like she was disgusted, and then WENT BACK IN FOR MORE! Seriously, the child is a trip. I don't know what to do now. So I watched her do it a couple more times just to make sure she really liked it, and then I went in and popped her hand a few times. That seemed to do the trick for now, as she just pretended to whine until I walked out of the room and then she just laid down and fell asleep. My little Zo-Zo. Please, for the love, get all your teeth in!

No comments: