Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Potty Book

Hello, my name is Hannah. I have lots of fun each day.
But first I need my diaper changed so I can go and play
I can eat my breakfast by myself, I can brush my teeth at the sink.
I can choose the clothes I want to wear - I really love hot pink.

Mommy has a big big box, she says it's just for me.
Daddy helps me open in, whatever can it be?
Is it a new rocking chair? Is it a bed for Teddy?
Mom says it's my very own potty to use when I am ready.

I look down at my diaper, it seems to fit just right.
My diaper's where I pee and poop morning, noon, and night.
I sit on my very own potty, my Teddy sits with me.
Off goes my diaper when I want to poop or pee.

Sometimes I hurry to the potty...whoops! I am too late!
Sometime I sit and sing a song, or read a book as I wait.
Uh-oh I had an accident! My pants are very wet.
Mom and Dad say, "That's ok, Hannah! Don't you give up yet!"

Then one morning I wake up and whisper to my Teddy,
"I'm off to the potty. I think this time I'm ready!".
I sit on my very own potty, Teddy sits on my lap,
I wait a bit...I look inside...then I laugh and clap.

"Hooray!" I say, "I did it!". I"m really glad I tried.
Mom and Dad are happy and I feel great inside.
"Bye bye, pee! Bye bye poop!", I say with a wave and a cheer.
Dad says, "Let's call Grandma, this is news she'll want to hear."

Mommy takes me to the store to buy new underwear.
Can you guess who gets to choose that very special pair?
Wanna know a secret? You can do it too!
Just march off to the potty like me and Teddy do.
I'm a big girl now. I can run and jump and play.
I don't want a wet diaper to get in my way.
I'm off to the potty, no more diapers for me!
And I feel great, I am proud of me.



In case you're wondering, Tori is potty training (semi) and since she is my third child undergoing this endeavor we have read this book about a million times.

And I just quoted it to you completely from memory. Thank you very much. Mom and Dad, aren't you glad you spent gazillions of dollars sending me to college?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You give the term "outhouse" a whole new meaning! Susan

Margot said...

What a big girl!!!

Anonymous said...

what a great mom!....thank you m&m's...love you, nonnie

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable. I'm blown away by your talents!! Seriously. lil
P.S. Carlen and I are trying to stir up a blast from the past Girl's weekend this fall with Jeanne, Heather, Deb and Dixon, etc...trying to spread the word. I'll be in touch. That would be fun!!