Friday, July 24, 2009

Our summer...

We like to start em out early
(Thanks Uncle Kelly)

Maggie, Amelia and Elizabeth putting on a show



Mom and Tori on the train at the mall




Jeannie's oldest boys, Watts and Nate






Here are some random pics from the summer. Some are from our last trip to Columbia - that's me and Watts, my nephew, making faces. The others are of the girls in our "outdoor shower" (aka nasty roof runoff water).

Things have been going pretty well around here. Last week my mom was visiting and we had a really great time. We took the kids everywhere, but we didn't have an agenda, so it was really nice. We even got a sitter so we could have some girl time (without the girls). We went to the mall twice ( 'cause "Women Be Shoppin") and they have a new train there that takes you all over the bottom level of the mall. It's a trip and really fun...unless your child decided she wants to ride in the front "coal carrying" car that is not covered and is out in the open so everyone can see you as you ride by each store. It was fun, though.

This week the fun continued as Jeannie came to visit with her boys. Man, there were a lot of kids in my house. They were so good, though, and really ilarious. The older three just stuck together and swam until they turned into prunes. The younger three were content to just run around in circles and crack each other up. I loved every minute of it (except when I would lose my cool). I would so love to live in the same place as my sister and her kids, and my brothers and their kids. It's something that will always be a dream of mine, though I know it's unrealistic...but hey, a girl can dream.

1 comment:

Margot said...

It's a BEAUTIFUL dream. Hang on to it.