Saturday, August 27, 2011

New Every Morning...

What a week. First day of school was on Monday and the girls did great. Mama did great too. I spent literally two hours cleaning and organizing my LAUNDRY ROOM. Yeah, believe that. Trying to get a little organized for when the kiddos come home and drop their backpacks, lunchboxes, shoes, socks, folders and papers right there on the floor. We do not raise Type A children in this house. It sure would be nice if we had a touch of it, though.

Monday night Maggie came in my room with a headache. The next morning she had a fever, followed by a positive strep test, followed by a full week of bad sickness. I really felt for her...this is the kid who has been through so much over the past 6 months - strep followed by flu followed by bad tummy issues. Bless her heart. Bless my heart. Whew, it's been a doozy.

It's Saturday and she is still puny, though finally eating some and starting to bug her sisters - which as any mama knows is always a good sign. Praying, though, that she will continue to be positive and realize that the Lord's got her as we nurse her belly back to health. Yogurt, probiotics, reflux meds, staying calm. The phrase I kept repeating to her (and myself) this week was, "God's mercies are new every morning." It's amazing how simple your faith gets when you are going through some kind of suffering. I found myself clinging to short phrases of truth, repeating them like a mantra so that I would believe them both for myself and my little girl.

Another big deal this week is that our really fun, really crazy, really dear friend - the Kibbeys - are moving to Singapore (and yeah, you read that right). Last Sunday we had them over for Ian's barbeque, onion rings, potato salad and peach cobbler...followed by a mean game of Michael Jackson Wii. For those of you who are wondering, my hip is fine. It was a bittersweet time but as usual we had a blast.

Thankfully Mindy and I had a chance to visit yesterday and pray for a while. What a sweet friend. She is a total stud and if you're ever in Singapore you would be remiss not to look up this chick and get some time with her!

Here are some pics of sweet memories with this family:










BTW, they have a daughter that we LOVE named Chelsea, but she graduated from high school this year and was not there when we did these shindigs!

1 comment:

David Sloan said...

Great stuff Buf. Glad you're blogging again. Not only is it great to get a peek into the Smitty Fam's life, but I know it's also a fulfilling way for you to express yourself and share with others what's on your heart.
Love em,
Bate